LIQOUR LOSS, BAR WASTE & SUSTAINIBILITY..SAVE BIG
We’ve recently written on the ease of bars to lose money wasting liquor.
Many operators don’t always see that wastage can be more than just wasting liquor it covers many other hidden costs that may lie undiscovered in areas such as consumables to over-using inputs in food or cocktails.
To see whether your business has a problem it becomes important to evaluate ALL your waste.
Here’s some things to think about::
- How much waste do you produce?
Can your waste be divided into
- Why is waste being produced?
- What steps can be used to reduce or eliminate waste via making changes to the menu, use of products or search for alternatives? i.e. making your own soda
- What can be re-used?
- Bulk up wine – serve in reused bottles.
- Do you use cheap consumables that encourage over consumption, because you’re trying to save a buck upfront.
- Use dehydrated fruit for garnish rather than fresh.
Want to cut down on your bar's liquor waste? email email@example.com for help.
Leave a comment
Also in News
We know as a small business ourselves, that with sustained growth, each day gets busier. At these times it’s so easy to forget the small details. How then do you focus your attention? Here are three small points for every venue that can make a massive difference...
There are so many muddler options out there, including plastic, steel and wooden variations, with and without teeth. You may prefer the feel of one material over another, but it's also important to think about longevity. So how do you choose a muddler?