THE SIX EARLY SIGNS OF LIQUOR WASTAGE IN YOUR BAR
Liquor loss and wastage is a silent profit killer for most bars.
Well run bars regularly lose 10-15% by volume of every served shot, with poorly run bars losing much more!
Over many years we’ve discovered 6 early signs of liquor wastage.
THE SIX EARLY SIGNS OF LIQUOR WASTAGE IN YOUR BAR:
- Drips and mis-shots sitting in small pools on the bar counter or floor.
- Sticky counter tops/back bars.
- Broken speed pourers shoved into ice buckets, bins and other low viz/controlled bar areas.
- Excessive amount of “replacements” speed pourers and jiggers purchased monthly.
- Unexplained amounts of comps, mis-orders, staffies, broken/missing bottles.
- Reluctance to do regular inventory/stocktakes.
Normally these signs are seen as isolated, unrelated problems, yet we know that something far sinister lurks below with 2 re-occurring culprits turning up every time: bad quality speed pourers and inaccurate jiggers.
To understand an issue one must identify and then understand the problem. To do this next week we’ll go through a comparison of the common speed pourers and jiggers used...let’s see at which end of the line you come out at!
Also in News
Whilst cost cutting is a strategy which produces an outcome(s), does it longer term produce sustainable ROI (return on investment)?
Usually ROI should be measured by the costs of “doing something” versus the “value” delivered.
When implementing a cost cutting program, it’s so important to conduct a 360 degree examination of impacts and consequences before implementation is considered.