THE SIX EARLY SIGNS OF LIQUOR WASTAGE IN YOUR BAR September 09 2016
Liquor loss and wastage is a silent profit killer for most bars.
Well run bars regularly lose 10-15% by volume of every served shot, with poorly run bars losing much more!
Over many years we’ve discovered 6 early signs of liquor wastage.
THE SIX EARLY SIGNS OF LIQUOR WASTAGE IN YOUR BAR:
- Drips and mis-shots sitting in small pools on the bar counter or floor.
- Sticky counter tops/back bars.
- Broken speed pourers shoved into ice buckets, bins and other low viz/controlled bar areas.
- Excessive amount of “replacements” speed pourers and jiggers purchased monthly.
- Unexplained amounts of comps, mis-orders, staffies, broken/missing bottles.
- Reluctance to do regular inventory/stocktakes.
Normally these signs are seen as isolated, unrelated problems, yet we know that something far sinister lurks below with 2 re-occurring culprits turning up every time: bad quality speed pourers and inaccurate jiggers.
To understand an issue one must identify and then understand the problem. To do this next week we’ll go through a comparison of the common speed pourers and jiggers used...let’s see at which end of the line you come out at!